Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Fathers Day


I just wanted to say a couple of things about the most wonderful Father in the world, Tate! It's such a different world since I have had my own son and have seen Tate with Kasen. The feelings I get when I watch him play and teach Kasen things, is very overwhelming! Tate is already teaching Kasen the importance of hard work, the way to treat people and how to LOVE! He loves Kasen so much and it shows every time he looks at his son! I love it so much! Tate is such a great Father and I love him so much for how he supports our family and works hard! He is such a great Example. Happy Father's Day TATE! WE LOVE YOU!

Also, I can't forget my very own DAD! I owe so much to who I am because of my Dad. He supported me with everything...and I mean everything, that I did and still do in my life! Some of the most important values that I have learned from my Father are:
#1. LOVE- He loves his family very much and he loves the Gospel very much. I think that the best thing is that he loves my mom and shows his kids how our mother should be treated. Along with that goes RESPECT. He is very respectful and knows when to say things and when to keep his mouth shut...I could still learn something from that!
#2. FUN- He knows how to have a good time and how to laugh! I love the times when it will just be him and the family up till 1 in the morning playing cards, even though he said he was going to bed 3 hours before.
#3. STORIES- I will always remember him telling me storied when I was younger. He would always make up his very own versions and make the stories so exciting every single time! He has lived a great long life and knows alot of things and I love sitting and listening while he tells me things about his younger years and his adventures!
#4. WISDOM- I don't know what I would do if I couldn't go to my Dad and ask him anything that was on my mind. I love that I can talk to my Dad about anything in the world and he will always be considerate and understanding and very wise in his advice he gives me.
#5. BASKETBALL- I know that this really isn't a quality or value, but it is to me. Because it goes along with all the things that i have mentioned before. Basketball just wasn't a sport to me beacuse it taught me everything about life, and my Dad was there for ALL OF IT! I love the fact that I had to go and talk with him in his room after every ball game, sometimes it was better than others, but he always loved me no matter the outcome of the game. He always spoke his mind and sometimes it wasn't very kind in my opinion at the time, but he taught me so many things!
I am so glad that Tate is alot like my Dad in a lot of ways! I am so grateful for my Father and I think that he is the best Dad in the whole world!
Happy Father's DAY!



1 comments:

Geoff & Jill said...

So, I went to register for the Hobble Creek Half...and it's CLOSED!!! It never fills up till right before...I guess they're going to be doing a waiting list so maybe I can still get in. Keep your fingers crossed. :-)