Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ragnar Relay


This past weekend I had the awesome opportunity to fly back to Utah and run in the Wasatch Back with my sister in law and some friends from Orderville. let me just say that it was so dang awesome. I don't think that I could have had a more wonderful van and teammates in the world. I had the most fun with my sister in law. I just have to say how proud I am of her and how much she deserves to be recognized because she has done so many awesome things to be ready to run in this race. And let me tell you...she worked her butt off (literally:) and it showed. She did awesome! We are now getting geared up to run in the Top of Utah 1/2 marathon!! It was so fun to do this and work hard toward something and accomplish it! I haven't done that in a while and it just felt good. To top it all off, I was able to see one of my closest friends Veva. Thanks for taking the time to come and see me. And what's more awesome is that I ended up being on the same flight home with her and her cute family. I have never enjoyed a flight more and had one go by as quickly! I love ya VEVS!




This is a quick little post about the race, but I just wanted to mention how much fun I had over the weekend! It was awesome and I am looking forward to doing it next year and doing a harder leg!!

PRE-Ragnar! Getting ready at the starting line!


During my run. I had an awesome Team that gave me yummy water while I was running up my hill!



Getting a little rest at Exchange 12~ Shanna is enjoying her RagMag alot it looks like! Jeremy got a hold of my camera!


Two of my favorite people in the whole entire world! I am so lucky to have had these people in my life while I was in high school playing ball. Jeremy was my high school coach and now has become such a great friend! I just love them and thank them for letting me tag along with them during this whole thing:)

My sister in law, Shanna, AKA my newest favorite running partner! We had so much fun! I am still on this "runners high" from the race! ~Post-Ragnar~

5 comments:

Regina said...

I have been checking your blog every day since you ran to see about the Ragnar, because it sounded so awesome. I am excited about doing it next year with the family. It will be so amazing. You and Shanna have inspired me and I can't wait to start training. We love you guys lots and miss you tons. Tell Tate hi from his big sis and give Kasen a big kiss.

Kris and Danielle Ramsay said...

Jana,
It looks like you had so much fun!!

Tysen and Stacie Barker said...

Wow! That's so awesome! Hope you and your family are doing well. I'm glad I found your blog :)

meag said...

yeah for the wasatch back. wasn't it so fun. I am also doing the top of utah. but i'm still tired from the last race so i need to get my butt in gear.

Julie said...

Jana,
You looked like you rocked the race! How are you doing? Where are you living now? Kasen is so cute and just seems so much older every time I see a picture of him. I have not been on your blog forever and was just thinking bout you. Miss you!