Saturday, June 12, 2010

Weekend

It has been a great weekend so far. Yesterday when Tate got off work, we hopped in the car and drove to Sandy Downs, the local horse races and watched some good horse races. It was alot of fun. Kasen throughly enjoyed it and so did Tate and I. I come from an extensive background of horse racers and I am pretty sure that my uncles and my dad would have been pretty disappointed at me when I arrived there because I had NO idea what any of the number and things meant on the paper they gave us. So I had to call my little bro to find a little info out. Good for me that Dave is going to be up here so he can come with us and educate us a little more about this horse racing business. Afterwards they had a concert set up and we sat through a few good ol' bluegrass country music until it got too cold and headed home. Kasen loves music and concerts and had a fun time. We definately will be going again:)
This morning I woke up and went with MEAGAN to my first ever Bountiful Baskets and I am loving it so far. WE got so much fresh fruit and vegetables I am hoping that we can use it all. We have definately enjoyed the grapes and apples and beans today though and excited to be able to use the rest of it this next week. Thanks Meag!
Tate drives a big dump truck for work right now and Kasen absolutely loves it. He wakes up in the morning and yells to me..."MOM, where's dad?" I tell him he is at work and then he tells me that he is working on the mountain in his big dump truck. A few days ago Tate brought the truck home and Kasen walked out the door, waved bye to both Tate and I and said, "bye mom and Dad, I am going to pretend work, I will see you later." He was having a pretty great time. We are loving it up here in Idaho. There is a big train track and trains that are near our house, and so everytime we hear a "honking" train we rush to the car, buckle up and head out to find that "honking train". One time there were a few guys on the outside of the train and they waved to Kasen and he was in HEAVEN, saying "Did you see that those guys waved to me?" It's pretty fun.
Tate and Kasen are outside right now checking on our little garden, We are starting to see peas and carrots pop up through the ground and that is exciting! Now to make sure they all grow and stay alive till we can eat them all up:) In the big dump truck going to pretend work:) I love that little boy!
Bountiful Baskets, yummy! I am not sure what to do with the coconuts that we got....So if any of you have great coconut recipes...please feel free to send them my way:)

1 comments:

Michelle said...

SO did you know that Orderville does bountiful baskets??? Yeah, I just got the same thing you did today! I'm thinking I'm going to go ahead and make a cute bra out of my coconuts since I don't know what else to do with them!j/k You should also order their bread sometime. It's SOOOO good! You get 5 loaves for $10 and it's so worth it. I put about 3 of those loaves in the freezer to use for later.

And even though your dad is pretty into horse racing......I'm pretty sure David learned all his skills from the countless hours him and my dad watched "The horse racing" channel during the summers he worked for him! I'm sure my dad would be proud to know that David is going to be teaching you horse lessons!:)

K-Love ya & miss Ya!