Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Birthday and Half

I had a wonderful birthday this past week.  Tate took me out to dinner and we drove around looking at houses that are for sell that we will probably NEVER buy, but it was fun anyway.  It isjust so NICE, so nice, to be able to go on a date with my husband, just us two, without the kids and being with him.  I like him so much.  He is just a good guy :)  On my actual birthday, Thursday, I got us all ready (me and the kids) and drove to Salt Lake to have Britny's baby shower.  It was so much fun. Bev came with Alana and my mom, some great friends and cousins were there to help celebrate Kye James into the family.  It's so much fun being with Brit.  I am excited for her and DJ and their new adventure.




   DeAnna, Bev and I ran in the Bryce Canyon Half Marathon.  It was AWESOME.  I struggled with either running with Bev or just going and trying to do my best.  She had me freaked out that she was barely going to make it, and so I was actually worried about her.  (Which she rocked it and finished in 2:05, I shouldn't have been worried at all)  I wasn't too worried about DeAnna, she had been training and would definately make it, just at her pace:)  So I took off trying to do my best.  I was aiming for 1:50, but instead I made it in 1:54 which averaged out to be 8:46 per mile.  I totally was doing great til mile 9 and that mile was 9:50 and totally threw off my groove, but I hit a big wall, I tried to power through and got my minutes down but I definately needed to train for that downhill that killed my quads:)  I thought that wasn't too bad considering my last half was I think 2:04 or something like that.   I still want to get down to 1:50 but so far that is definately my PR:)  Mom and Dad came and cheered us on EARLY in the morning.  There was Dad right passed teh finish line waiting to take our pictures, which he totally missed all of us pretty much, but it was cute, and Mom waving on the other side yelling out our names with her huge smile and big wave:)  I finished, walked back and caught bev and ran in with her, then we walked back and tried to run with DeAnna, but by then I was too sore and my legs couldn't run as fast as she was going so we walked in behind her:)  We went to breakfast with Mom and Dad after at the place where Mom use to work ages ago.  It was so much fun.  I hope it becomes a YEARLY thing:)  WE will see who is having babies and who isn't:) 

0 comments: