Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Halloween

When I was in 3rd grade I cheated in spelling.  I will never forget it.  I could never remember if Halloween had 2 l's or just 1, so I wrote it on my desk in a very good hiding spot.  The next day, I got in trouble, Imagine that, the teacher seeing the word written on the desk.  I don't quite remember the punishment, must not have been to horrible, but I will never forget the way I felt and how guilty I felt about it.  I never forget how to spell the word Halloween anymore. 
 
 Here are my cutie pa tuties.  Kasen wasn't too thrilled about getting his picture taken seeing how he was so ready to get trick-or-treating and Daisha won't sit still for a second, so I am excited to have a few pictures of the kids on Halloween. 
 Kasen trunk or treating in the parking lot.  I am not sure if I love trunk or treating.  I think from now on, we will do it the old fashioned way, it was utter chaos, it lasted for like 10 minutes and we had gone around, kids were everywhere, and I hardly heard any trick or treats.  Kasen and I went to a few houses in the neighbor hood afterwards and I liked that much better. We went to our old Stake Presidents house and he served Ice Cream cones and while we were leaving his grandson was dressed in a gorilla costume and was ready to scare Kasen, although he didn't get scared at all.  He kept tellling me he wasn't afraid of nothin'. 
 The next house we went to was our friends and they had a dog, they answered the door and he sure was afraid of that dog coming to the  door.  The spookiest part of his Halloween.  We then went to neighbor Wilford and Margaret.  He gave Kasen a big nice handful of the good chocolate candy:) 
 Visiting with Margaret.  We haven't seen her for a while and I really miss visiting with her.  She is wonderful. Probably one of my favorite ladies. 
Dumping out the candy.  We have plenty of candy around and luckily we had a few more trick or treaters than I thought and got to give some of theirs away.  I think that was Kasen's favorite part, answering the door and handing out handfuls of candy to each trick or treater.  He was very generous:) 
Just cause she is cute:)

0 comments: