Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Overwhelmed

I couldn't go without saying something that has happened to me these past 3 days. As we all know, I have been having a little "trouble" with my tooth (#14) and needed to have a re-treatment of a root canal on it. Well, endodontists don't come cheap nor do they have any kind of payment plans for poor people like me. So I was dead set on just getting my tooth pulled....that would solve the problem, and cheap! Well, little did I know that my GREAT cousin Howard just happens to be an excellent endodontist. So my Uncle Lee told him about all of my troubles and when he got to the family reunion he told me just to drive on down to Yuma, AZ and he would take care of me. So, I took him up on his offer. My dad drove me to Las Vegas NV, where I got in with my Uncle Lee, Aunt Joyce and cousin Katie and we made the trek 5 hours from Vegas to Yuma. Aunt Joyce and I had quite a nice snug ride in the back and had some really good talks. It was so great getting know them a little better seeing how they all lived in Vegas and I didn't really get to know them as well as Iwould have liked! So, I got there and got in the dentist chair and Howard worked his magic and found a canal that had been missed by the dentist who first did my tooth. Hopefully it will heal and I won't have to get the surgery done for a while, but if it doesn't then i will head back down to Yuma and get the surgery on my dumb tooth!

Anyway, the real purpose of this post is to publically tell Everyone that I am extremely overwhelmed with the kindness, love and generosity that my family has shown me. I cannot describe into words how wonderful of a family that I have. They are truly an answer to lots of prayers and I can't imagine how I can ever repay them. Everytime I start to even think about how they have helped me I just start to cry....my heart is so full of love and thankfulness for the Sorensens! THANK YOU... Anyway, it's just another testament of how important families are and how great of a family I have...Probably the best in all the world! I am so grateful for Eternal Families!!
Thanks Howard, Susan, Sara, Aunt Joyce, Uncle Lee, Katie and Benji the Dog (for entertaining Kasen) And thanks to my dad for taking me everywhere and doing anything I ever need! I love you! During the procudure! Crazy!

Not gonna lie, I was a little nervous about this one at first...Sara looked a little too excited to ahve that drill so close to my face!

The great endodontist in the background! And me being a little less nervous!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That's hilarious....well, it's not funny that you were in pain, but the pics are funny! :) Anywho, did you come back w/ Uncle Lee? I was hoping you were going to stop by Sheila's so I could say hi! I'm sad that I didn't get to ride w/ ya last week...oh well. I'm sure you were glad to catch up on some sleep! Jana, I love ya! Thanks for letting me borrow ur Twilight book for the 1st three chapters... did you finish it yet? How'd you like it?

Tulsi said...

Wow. Yuma. My grandparents had a motel there for a few years and then moved back to Kanab. You really have to have a reason to go there. When you are in pain, I guess this is a good one. My kids liked the pool, but I would rather go to Kanab.

Tulsi said...

Wow. Yuma. My grandparents had a motel there for a few years and then moved back to Kanab. You really have to have a reason to go there. When you are in pain, I guess this is a good one. My kids liked the pool, but I would rather go to Kanab.