Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Perspective

Today I went to Cedar City to do some apartment stuff, and school stuff and go and watch a little bit of the basketball practices. I was able to see my sweet favorite ANNE! SHOUT OUT ANNE! And also talk with Coach Janes! I am a little humbled/sad/reflective and honored today because I was able to see a little bit of Coach Hodson. He isn't doing well at all with his cancer and had no idea whatsoever how bad it really is. I just can't help but be overwhelmed at what a strong man he is....He is not going to let this thing beat him. I have never seen anyone with cancer who has just gone through treatments before today and can't believe how much it does to a person. I am honored because I got to play basketball for Coach Hodsen. He taught me so much. He made me strong, and pushed me harder than I have ever been pushed, physically and mentally. He gave me a CHANCE and for that I will be forever grateful..I know alot of people that never get a chance to do what they love to do. He supported me in playing while I was pregnant and watched over me! He is so strong and today I am at a loss for words at this wonderful, strong person who is going through so much. So thank you to men like Steve Hodson who put life in perspective and make you a better stronger person!

3 comments:

Kristi Barnes said...

I've been wondering how coach Hod was doing, I hope he can get things under control...he's been a great person, friend and coach to many! I know Steven wouldn't be where he is today without him. Please send our love to him as well. Thanks for the post!

Nilsson Family said...

Jana you are so great. It's just like you to take this time to be greatful and so thoughtful. You are an inspiration to me. Sure do love ya. I also wish him well.

Julie said...

Hey Jana
I have never seen your blog before and was excited to find you. Dont go to mine. I dont ever do anything with it haha.
On a more serious note ...I cannot sleep. I have been thinking about Coach the past two days straight. I got the opportunity to see him today and like you said...it is the most HUMBLING experience. My heart is full and you basically hit every point on how I feel...except the playing while pregnant part. It takes someone with a deep passion and love for the game and his players to constantly care about his team and coaching, even when is health is at it's worst. He is a wonderful person and he has a great heart. He exchanged some words and love to me today and I will never forget the experience and how I felt today. He has touched many lives and I am realizing more than ever how much he has touched mine, not only today but from the day I met him. Anyways, love you and hope you are all doing well. Hope to see you soon. Call anytime.
...and may the Lord comfort and be with Coach and his family.
Julie