Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back Home

We had a great time in Austin but we are so so happy to be back in Utah. We love this place so much. We missed the mountains and the beauty of everything here! We drove back in two days and made pretty good time. We stoppd in Roswell and visited the Alien shops and bought a few souveniers. We wanted to stop in Carlsbad to visit the caverns but we were too late so we just kept on driving. We drove until Gallup, New Mexico and stopped to get a hotel room for a while to get a little sleep. I was dead set on getting a good deal. WE drove and asked around for hte prices andthey were all like 80 bucks adn I didn't want to pay that much for just one night, blah. So I made Tate drive clear down this old looking town till I found a place that had a light on. So I rung the old little door bell because the guy was sleeping. He comes out in his pajamas and I asekd how much. He said 35 Dollars (Indian accent which I could barely understand) I said "DEAL". So we got our room key and walked into the MOst HORRIFIC place that I have ever seen. It was so dirty. I pulled down the covers and the sheets were covered in dirt and there were sunflower seeds on the nightstand. UGH! TAte and I are pretty sure that those are the type of rooms that aren't really rented out maybe hourly if you know what I mean! ANyway so I was just really grossed out and went and rang the door bell again and woke up the little indian man. I told him that this place was very dirty and aksed for our money back. He gave it back to us and we drove dow non our way. In the process of all this happening, we drove down the freeway 2 times, THE WRONG WAY! So after a long process we stopped at the days inn and went to sleep around 2 in the morning. It was quite an adventure!
We got to stay in Orderville for a week and a half and now we are in Talmage visiting Tate's family for another few weeks till the day comes when Tate leaves to go guide elk hunts in Idaho once again. I am not sure anymore if I am going to stay up there or not, we will have to see! Some of the fun stuff that we have done in Orderville!

Bev and I woke up to run in the 5K Kane County Fair Style. We both won 1st place in our each indivual divisions. There were only 4 girls there. Betty was in charge of it and ran with us, we had a good time. We ran from Glendale to Orderville. Fun times!
Water days are the best at my parents house. There is water everywhere and as you can see MUD. Kasen got down into the garden with all the mud and it was alot of fun!

Kasen helping Tate mow the lawn. He did a pretty good job.
AT the family reunion. Watching the talent show with Grandpa Glover!
Some of the family at the reunion!

Me, my cousins Rori and Kelsey. IT was great seeing them.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

OMG you love Roswell too??? I just recently became addicted to that show (thanks to some friends) and I lOVE it! I'm so jealous that you actually got to stop in the town! So lucky! :)
Glad you made it back to Utah safely!

Jax said...

Oh the price we pay for a "good deal". That is a priceless story though. I wish I could run the Kane County 5k with you.

. said...

Jana Banana. I'm so happy you guys are back and kicking in Utah. I'm sure you are very missed back in Texas though. If you are going to be living in Orderville we should hang out and miss Casey together! Anna would love to play with Kasen!