Monday, August 17, 2009

A Day in ZION

When I was in Orderville, Bev, had a great idea that we should do the Narrows in Zion. For those of you who don't know, it's a 16 mile hike through the hills and "narrow" canyons of Zion National Park. The last 4 or so miles are all through the Virgin River. It was CRAZY! We have lived 30 minutes from Zion our whole lives and we had never done it so we decided it was high time we get our booties in gear and do this well known hike! WE got everything ready to go and on Monday (a week ago) we set off on our journey at 7:00 a.m. I am so glad that Tate came with me. He was a bout to stay home because Kasen was a little sick but I convinced him that he would be fine! I just didn't want him to not go with me. WE started out doing really great. I wore my Garmin Watch and was calculating our time and distance. OUr first 8 miles went really quickly and fast. WE slowed down pretty fast though when we hit mile, oh, 11 I would say. My watched stopped working becuase of the slots and narrow canyons, lack of satellite so we didn't know how long we had gone! Anyway, it was pretty hard. Seriously, I was so tired after mile 12. And we kept asking people how long they had been hiking up the river, they would say oh 5 hours or so.......GAG....We just kept on truging along. We kept stopping and looking around at the pretty places that we were seeing , but toward the end, Tate said he didn't even care! So it was a very pretty hike, very long, and very tiring. My feet honestly have never been so sore EVER! Trying to grip every single rock with every muscle that I have in my toes to my knees was pretty hard work. I seriously didn't run for 4 days after wards and they are still pretty sore a week later! Anyway, here are the fun pictures of our Day in ZION! Great Times with my Sisters and my Husband! And my brother in law of course and some random boy! It's so much fun being able to do things like this with my family. I absolutely love it! DeAnna was 12 weeks pregnant doing it, isn't she awesome!? I am really glad too, cause we got ot rest and snack alot more than we probably would have if she wasn't there!

The Group...Bev's cousins friend, Tate, Me, Bev, D and Bert. Fun Times

Sista's! Minus LInda who just had a beautiful baby boy!

Sick Pregnant Lady...such a trooper! She only Fell like 6 times! It was a pretty good job!

My HOT hubby and I! I just Love him!

By a pretty waterfall!

So Sweet!

Bev and Me!

Me and D. I love her. Lots!

At the end of the hike. We were SOOOOO happy to see those buses. SO we could sit down! And never move again! Whew we were tireD! We had 3 cameras on the hike and all of their batteries died the first half of the hike. So we didn't even get pictures of the really pretty part! Typical!

1 comments:

jfuentes said...

You are sweet at keeping your blog updated. I love the pic of you & Tate trekking through the water - totally sweet. You should come spend a little time in CO while he is in ID. You will do great in the half marathon!