Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Catch up #1...bloody finger

It seems like it is just too hard to post again since it's been forever since my last one. But I will try. I will start with Christmas I guess:) WE had a wonderful, wonderful Christmas filled with lots of love and gifts, especially the spirit of service and giving. We have been extremely blessed this past Christmas with amazing friends and secret Santas, that have kept us filled with the spirit and love of others, and kept us very humble. A little bit of a surprise.....3 days before Christmas I almost cut my finger off:) Yep, the 22nd, I was making treats for the neighbors and trying to get some hard candy out of the dish and using a long thin, bendy knife I sliced the pointer on my left hand. As we type its still very numb and wierd feeling. Before story goes as follows. I asked Tate if he would come in and slice the squares for me since I was having a rough time of doing it, he started and was being extremely careful. While cutting he says, "This is a good way to cut off your finger." I said, "Do you want me to hold the pan?" Tate, "Ya, I would rather you cut off your finger than me, you still have insurance." So we go on and he finishes cutting the treats into squares and leaves the kitchen. I then proceed to PRY the suckers out of the pan, and the last corner and the treats pop out while the knife slips and cuts me:) I grab my finger, run to the sink and don't dare look, while I am yelling at Tate. He runs in, and looks at my finger and says, Yep, lets go the ER. We call our amazing friend she runs over to take the kids, and we head to the Hospital. ON our way, I am being a spaz, it actually hurt pretty bad, but lets be honest, I was overreacting a bit:) He then tells me that he didn't really MEAN for me to cut off my finger, it was just a joke:) REALLY Funny Tate:) Anyway, we get there, they make me go to the ER, and I get 8 stitches. Last Sat, Tate took them out for me while we were in Colorado, he did a FANTASTIC job and now I just need my finger to heal and getting the feeling back, which probably will take a while, but it's starting to get a bit better!!! Ah, Merry Christmas:)

3 comments:

April Hoyt said...

What the heck!! That is craziness. I am glad you didn't cut your whole finger off. Hope it feels all better soon. That picture makes my butt ache!

Michelle said...

Seriously will you stop with the NASTY pictures!!!!! I throw up a little in my mouth every time. Hearing the whole story made me laugh though. Maybe you guys should remember to knock on wood next time you talk about cutting fingers off.haha Glad everything is healing well.

On a side note, did the neighbors LOVE their treats??? I'm sure a little blood garnish made them look extra festive!

The Pearson's said...

Wow! Thats insane! I am sorry to hear about that...I would have been going crazy on the way to the hospital! (overreacting too) ;) Thats a scary thing! Glad you are doing better! Hope all your feelings come back- just takes time for those nerves to grow again!

Happy New Year!