Sunday, August 28, 2011

The "Season"

Tis the Season for guiding.  Tate started 2 weeks ago.  We are surviving and very GREAT:)  I have had a good mom week, 2 weeks in a row.  Well, not every second has been a great Mom second, but I think overall, it's been great.  We have been doing some fun stuff, playing with friends and going non stop.  Tate loves his job, that is the entire reason for us living here in Firth.  I am so glad.  I can't help but wonder if there is something bigger here, a bigger purpose for bringing us to Firth besides Elk hunting.  I think it's to be able to raise our family in this wonderful community.  :)
  I finished my last half marathon of the summer yesterday.  I ran it with my sister in law Shanna.  We had planned on running this same race 2 years ago after our wonderful Ragnar experience but things happened that she wasn't able to do it.  Luckily, my BETTY, came to the rescue and ran my 1st half marathon with me, every step of the way.  2 years later, we were able to do this half marathon together.  We ran every step of the way together!!!  I don't mean to sound mushy, but we have this really great bond, and I can't really explain it, but it means the world to me.  We talked and laughed and teared up.  The last mile we talked about all the reasons why we run.  I kept thinking in my head before this....I run because?  I run because?  I was getting fatigued and knew it and couldn't come up with any better reason.  I told this to Shanna, she quickly reminded me of alot more reasons why she runs and why I do too.  We then passed by a cute little girl, severely handicapped waving to all the runners as they passed, we ran because she couldn't.  It was a great moment.  We sprinted across that finish line holding hands and so happy to be done.  As korky as it sounds it was so much fun.  Shanna told me last year she was making fun of the people that held hands across the finish line, but there was not way she wasn't holding my hand when we crossed:)  Love that girl.
     Kasen is so big and funny.  He says the greatest things.  He is really started questioning the world around him.  Asking alot of why's and what does that mean's.  He will be 4 in a few weeks, and is very excited about his birthday.  A few nights ago, we had a sleepover in my bed, as he was falling asleep, he was breathing kind of heavy and then said.  "Mom, if you got me a ZQuiet, then I wouldn't snore for our sleepover."  He has been asking for a Zquiet for his birthday for at least 6 months.  Tate and him watch the hunting show and apparently they advertise quite alot there.  Last night Tate was laying with him and he asked if he could also have an x-ray for his birthday.  Tate told him probably not, it cost alot of money and you have to go to the doctor to get one.  Well, Kasen thought for a moment and then said. "I could make a car wash and people could come and i could earn money for my x-ray by making a car wash."  He is really stuck on this car wash idea.  We showed him an x-ray thing on Tate's phone and now he is content with that, but still wants to do the car wash to put in his money sock.  We will see how much he makes on his car wash.  He said that Wilford had a dirty car, and that maybe he could wash his car:)  He also wants to charge 20 cents and 1 penny.  Not a bad profit:)
   Daisha is almost 11 months.  She is crawling all over, and cruising like crazy.  She loves climbing the stairs and gets frustrated when she gets to the top and can't  quite decide how to get down.  I have been working with her and trying to teach her how to go down the stairs safely now.  She loves to blink and make noises with her mouth and tongue.  She signs milk and more.  Not all the time, but she will do it if I try hard enough:)  She has just enough hair to put it in a little pony and even pig tails on the top of her head.  We are planning on going to Orderville in 2 days to spend time and do a little canning.  Also hit Celestes baby shower.  I also heard that there is the Kane County Demolition Derby that Saturday.  SWEETness.  Gotta love the demo derby. 

1 comments:

meag said...

oh the "season"...i'm just so happy there are other women like you who understand what we go through during these times. but, lets enjoy it and get together more, please. hope you are feeling great from the race. you did great!!!