Saturday, September 3, 2011

O-Town

We have been in Orderville since the first of the week and have been lovin' every minute.  We have been doing alot of canning and yesterday we finished our pluot jam.  We canned around 160 jars, pints and half pints.  DeAnna attempted to make pluot juice yesterday and I am not quite so sure that she was successful, but it was still a great try:)  Kasen has been playing with cousins and going to get ice cream with Grandpa.  Grandma took him over to the elementary and picked out a few books to have.  He is spoiled like usual!!  Daisha has been having some good quality time with Grandpa.   I went and got my hair done yesterday at Michelle's and he watched her for about 2 hours.  They played and played.  I got home and Daisha started using things as a phone and talking and saying "hi".  She says hi, and it's the cutest little hi that you ever did hear:)  She is getting stronger and starting to try and stand up by herself.  Her balance is getting alot better and she is crusin' around the furniture like nobody's business.  Last night I went back and read the posts of when Kasen was this age.  Time sure does fly.  Yesterday, we took a hike to the V.  I will post pictures soon, but it was such a fun little hike.  Kasen has been wanting to do it so badly.  I held Daisha and DeAnna went along with Colt and Kasen.  WE made it to the top.  He wanted to go back up, the second we got down, and I am pretty sure we will be taking another hike today.  He is having a sleepover at Colt's house this morning.  He told me he would be brave, and have fun.  He was pretty excited.  It's wierd to see him have his own personality and opinions about life.  It's also very rewarding to watch him grow and learn things on his own and figure things out by himself.  Tate is busy guiding and we of course miss him.  Life is GREAT though and we have no complaints in the world.  Excited to get back home and check on my garden.  My corn and tomatoes should be getting really close.  Hopefully I will have a nice stock of canned goods for this upcoming winter :)  I am hoping to can corn relish and salsa and tomatoes.  WE will see how good I do. 

0 comments: