Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Time Out

Today, Kasen got sent to his room.  He got some crayons and colored all over the couch.  Isn't he over that stage?  I actually am going to admit that he really hasn't colored on too many things, I guess he just couldn't help it.  Anyway, I sent him to his room and he was NOT happy about that one bit.  But life is hard sometimes.  He was crying for about 5 minutes, then would settle down.  About 5 minutes later he was crying softly and yelled downstairs.  "But Mom, how can I do any chores if I have to be in my room?"  I then told him not to worry, there would be plenty of time for him to do chores when he was out of his room.  He then started telling me that he would eat his mac and cheese at the kitchen table instead of his little one he loves to eat at.  He finally got out of his room and had to scrub both of the couches.  I have to say, I am pretty impressed at his cleaning job, they do look a little better than they use to, even though crayon doesn't clean up so easily. 

3 comments:

Des said...

You rock!

Karisa said...

Hey Jana! Now I can stalk you via your blog. Way to make your kid clean up his mess. I throw my kids the dish cloth when they spill their milk.

Sparky said...

Oh Honey...I sew remember those days...and you know you will be sew glad you recorded it here...those memories will seem pale my comparison to all they will do as they go through each stage...crayons..they wash out.. memories are crayoned in your mind forever..YOU are all sew lovely...