Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Humble and Grateful

After a long long debate and decision making, I have been offered the assistant women's coach job at SUU. I have gone back and forth many many times on whether I wanted and should do this and finally am doing it. I am pretty excited. I think that it will be a crazy, hectic time but I know that I will learn so much and be able to support my family in alot of ways! I am very humbled tonight though to say that my coach, Coach Hodson, passed away last night after a very long battle with cancer. I am thinking in a very selfish way to think that I am sad to not be able to be associated and learn from him this season. But I am so grateful to have been coached by him and have him a part of my life. I am very Grateful!
Tate is still in Idaho working for another week and I am staying with my parents for a week before he gets here to move to Cedar City. I am excited to start this new stage in our lives. I had a great time in Idaho and met some really awesome people whom I will never forget!! Shout out Meag..I am going to miss you the mostest:) Love you! I wish I had more pictures of my adventures in Idaho, but sadly I have none! Sorry!

8 comments:

Parks and Playgrounds said...

Good luck and best adventuring to you Jana. Love you lots. Linda

Kristi Barnes said...

wow...I had no idea, CONGRATULATIONS! I appreciate you letting me know about Hodson, unfortunately I had already heard the news, I've been so bummed! Good luck with everything on coaching...that's grat, and do you know what happend with Casey? Send me an email...kristiking84@hotmail.com Love you guys

April Hoyt said...

What the hey....assistant coach! Geez! When are you guys coming to town, where are you living? We must get together. Let me know if you ever need help with Kasen, I am here and happy to help! Love you!

meag said...

hey you. you took it. that will be fun for you and i know you will enjoy it. i'm sorry to hear about your coach. thats so sad. good luck. please lets keep in touch. i think your great.

. said...

Jana that is great that you are going to coach at SUU. I'm so impressed! So are you going to move back into Sunset Ridge? That would be great :)

Kyle and Amy said...

hey congrats coach! good luck that will be so fun!

Nilsson Family said...

Look at you go Best friend... I am so happy for you and this will be a great opportunity!!! You are one of those that will make a great coach and the girls can really look up to you. But don't try to sub yourself into the game, I totally would. In fact I thought about doing that several times playing for Hillock. Ha Ha. Congrats!

Kiana Don said...

OH MY HECK! YOU ARE SERIOUSLY STILL ONE OF MY BIGGEST HEROES! You are so amazing and will do so well in this new stage! We both know how much we both love Southern Utah, and that's so exciting you get to go back and be closer to your family! Congratulations!