Monday, May 25, 2009

Bolder Boulder

Today for memorial day we (bev, scott, and I) ran in the the Bolder Boulder.  IT's the biggest 10K road race in the world.  This year there were 54,000 runners there!!  IT was so crazy to see all those people.  The only other race that I have done was last year in Price and it was MUCH MUCH smaller:)  This was so cool though because towards the end you ran into the Colorado Stadium and there were thousands of people in the stands cheering you on in the finish!  People were lined in the streets handing out beer, doritos, watermelon, cupcakes.  That's all I remember seeing, but people were also spraying you with hoses, running through sprinklers, slip and slide and live bands!  If I weren't so tired I would have loved to do all those things, except drink the beer of course!  Anyway, it was just so dang fun to be able to train with my sister and her friends:)  It's always so much fun to be able to do things like this with my sister and be able to bond with her.  Because I am not a runner at all and doing things like this help keep me motivated to accomplish goals and not be so lazy;)  It's actually becoming more fun....the more in shape I become;)  Anyway, it was just an awesome race and it makes me more excited for the Wasatch Back in 3 weeks;) Whew:)  Life is FUN...what's even more great about this day was that TATE was able to be there for it and watch me and support me!  It was PERFECT!!!  PERFECT!!!
High FIVE!  My brother in law Scott on the start of our race!  Wa HOO!!
Here we go!  Good luck!  So much fun!
Bev, Jess, and I with our Army shirts on in honor of Jessi's husband, Edgar who is serving in Irag for the 3rd time.  HOW AMAZING!  
Some of the clan!  Here we go!  Blue and Red ribbons in our hair;)  Support of our veterans!  

4 comments:

Michelle said...

At first I thought your post was going to be about bras!haha Ya know, Bolder Holder. Anyways, what a woman you are! I think I'm the most lazy person on the planet when it comes to running! I hate it with a passion, but it wouldn't hurt me at all to do it.:) You're awesome for doing it and wanting to do more. I bet you're in such great shape. You look awesome! Love ya!

Brandy and Marv said...

Good job you little runner you! It looks like you are having so much fun there- I miss you!

Our Fun Times said...

Oh Wow Jana i'm so proud of you! Girl, you look SO GOOD!!! All that hard work has paid off! So you are running the Wasatch Back, that means you will be running through Morgan. HOw cool is that, and in three weeks I might be in Morgan. Maybe I can see you run...how cool would that be....I miss ya Jana girl. Oh yes, and I loved the big surprise Tate gave you, what a sweet husband. Did I mention that I miss ya? Oh yeah, I did...but seriously I do. :)

Geoff & Jill said...

Thats cool your still doing the Wasatch Back! What's your team name? Maybe we'll run into you!