Saturday, June 6, 2009

Austin

Well, I have finally made it to Austin to be with Tate. It took us two days to get here but it was well worth the drive. We made a convoy of the trip which included Casey (Jerry's new wife) McKenna, Parker, Chloe (the Kids) Roger and Chase Cutler, My dad, Uncle Dilworth, David, Me and Kasen. It was fun. This is sort of where Dave was on his mission so him and my dad left yesterday to kind of drive through all the towns that they could on their way back home. David drove with me the whole way and we took turns driving. It was so much fun to be able to spend that time with David. I sure do love that kid. Kasen I must add was AWESOME. I held up really really good until about 4 minutes from the house we were going to. I have to say that it pretty good for two days in the car.
It's pretty hot here and humid. We are able to have a little apartment that Tate's friends Darrin and his wife Emily live in, but they have left for the summer and have so graciously let us live here while they are gone. They are so nice and it has worked out so so GREAT and so Thanks you guys:) We live way too far away from Jerry and Casey though, about 40 minutes. That's how big this city is. I kept asking where the mountains are and apparently there aren't any, a few in East Texas....so we will be making our way there somtime soon I am sure:) Sorry this is boring, just wanted to update on what is going on right now! Write more later with fun pictures!

2 comments:

April Hoyt said...

Glad you made it Jana! Sorry we didn't get to hang out before you left!!! Have fun in Texas! I had to laugh when you said that about the mountains because when Jacob first got his call someone said "oh he is going to hate it there, there is no mountains-you can see all the way to Canada from Texas" Anyways love you girly have fun!

Brandy and Marv said...

I am so glad that you made it safe- it was great to talk with you before you left-I miss you already- but I am glad that you are with Tate now- hope you guys are having a blast- lets keep in touch- k- I love ya and take care of your bad self!