Friday, June 12, 2009

Tornado...What?

Things have been busy for us here in Austin. Well, not necessarily busy, but we are just having lots of fun. Sunday we went and stayed with Jerry and Casey and had Sunday dinner. Watched the basketball game, played a little keep away outside in their back yard and got dessert afterward. It was a lot of fun. Their home is beautiful but too far away from us. Monday we hung out while Jerry and Tate went to work in Jer's "little green" car. They ended up breaking down on the freeway, having Andrew (my cousin) pick them up and bring them home from work. Jerry just decided that it wasn't worth the money that it would take to get the car even towed home, so he gave it to the tow guy:) Monday night we had a fun family home evening of swimming and bbq at the pool. It was alot of fun! That night we came back to our apartment for a little R & R. I stayed home and cleaned and played with Kasen. Wedensday night Tate had a softball game with his company. They ended up losing pretty bad to a few old men! Pretty sad;) WE took Chloe, Parker and McKenna home with us and had a sleep over. Thursday morning we had a big breakfast, played and went swimming...again:) Kasen is pretty much terrified of the water I think now. He has had 2 little times where he has gone under and we think that scared him quite a bit. He will get on the steps and splash and sit there, but not any farther than that usually! Anyway, so Thursday night rolls around and Casey and I are getting ready to go to Enrichment night at my ward:) I made her come with me! It was fun.....

The TORNADO:
We got to the church house....following that we went on the toll road, went through some thing we have no idea about....got our picture taken in the process...so I am awaiting a bill from the Toll Road people. Anyway, what do you expect from small town girls who really have never been on a toll road before and really didn't know where they were going? Okay, so during our last little "class" of the night, the lights started flickering on and off and then we kept hearing really loud Thunder. We look at each other, not a big deal, it jus must have gotten stormy. I am thinking, that was a fast storm to hit us so hard. A few seconds later a lady then tells us that we are on a Tornado warning for our area and need to stay put for the time being. Okay.....TORNAdO? So, we finish the lesson, go get some dessert and think that we need to go watch what is happening cause we have never seen one before. There is a guy sitting by the door way and says, "I really wouldn't go out there if I were you ladies." WE say we only want to watch it we have never seen one before we're from Utah:) So he actually kind of gets excited and then tells us all about it, what they sky looked like when it was beginning and then says that they are not UnCommon for this area! Oh that's really nice I think in my head:) Anyway, we wait it out for a little while and then run through the wind and the RAIN...it was raining pretty hard. Luckliy the inch sized hail balls had stopped:) WE get home and get inside our apartment. (Side note....it was still llike 75 degrees outside during this...that is the coldest I have been since I have been here and it was still warm...just funny:) Jerry and Casey get the kids ready and they leave. WE are getting Kasen ready for bed when Casey knocks on our door and tells us that her Window has been SHATTERED!!! The hail had shattered her back window. Seriously, there was not glass left in it. It was horrible. Luckily they are getting it fixed right now, but it was so so crazy. I don't have alot of pictures but it was so cool in a way, because the internet said that the tornado actaully touched down about 1 mile from where we were! CRAZY~ Just luckily we are all okay!
That has got to be my craziest expereince by far while in Texas...and I have only been here for 1 week:) Let the good times Roll!
The crew watching the Game after Sunday Dinner:) Gotta love the FAM!
Cute McKenna Getting a little sun during the swim yesterday!

Beautiful CASEY (My favorite Glova Girl)

Chloe and Kasen rinsing off after the swim! Kasen is a little naughty sometimes and likes to get out and make everywhere WET! He is really keeping me busy!

Last but not least, their car window! I couldn't believe it! I felt so dang bad. They sure are having bad luck with their vehicles lately! But luckily are still happy and in love and doing good:)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Jana, please don't die!!! So did you ever see the funnel??? That's scary. I was in Florida one time when a hurricane came right through where we were staying and it was really scary! Lightning bolts where hitting the fields right next to the house and it was raining the hardest I had ever seen it rain and the wind was blowing like you wouldn't believe. I'll take a snow storm in Utah any day than tornadoes and hurricanes! Anyways, glad that you guys are doing good. Stay safe! Love you!

Lydia said...

JANA!!!!! OK, time to head back to Utah then....thank's for posting pictures of my little fam that I'm missing. I feel better, (well, a little) that you kids are there with them.
Luff you

THE GOULDINGS said...

holy cow that is freaky. glad that everyone is okay. stay safe.

Nettie said...

glad to hear you are being optomistic, I would be freaking out I think!! good thing you will have some crazy memories, stay safe!!