Friday, January 28, 2011

Talk about Humbling

Last night Tate had an interview in Idaho Falls. We drove him there, then I took Kasen to McDonalds. WE had a great time. We picked up Tate and I started drving home. From the second I picked him up, to about 4 minutes later he made 3 comments about my driving. Talk about annoyed!! So, while I was driving we were talking about it, maybe a little bit loudly, and I pulled over got out of the car and switched places with Tate so he could drive...silly I know! Anyway, when I got back into the car, Kasen asked, Why did we switch? I just said Dad wanted to drive and Tate said, Mom needed to prove a point.
Kasen, "Were you guys fighting?"
Me, "No, we werent' fighting, just talking about me driving the car."
Kasen, "But were you fighting Mom?"
Me, "No we weren't hun."
Kasen, "Mom, look at me."
Me, "Sweetie it's ok, we weren't fighting."
Kasen, "Mom, don't lie to me, were you fighting."
Me as I start crying looking at my 3 year old put me in my place. "I am sorry sweetheart, I wasn't talking nice to dad."
Kasen, "Mom, but you and Dad need to always talk nice to each other"
As I sat there looking at my little boy wondering how he knows so much, I just started crying. He is so amazing. He knows so much and I don't give him credit for alot. He is aware of us, and how we act, and right now I am grateful for him to make me humble and admit that I don't need to act annoyed and angry with Tate. I am one lucky little momma!

0 comments: