Sunday, March 6, 2011

Orderville Snow

We thought we were going down to the warmer weather, but we were wrong. Good thing I didn't bring any of Kasen's snow stuff, but I did pack his swimming trunks? Why? Not sure, we hardly EVER go swimming while in Orderville anyway. Not sure what I was thinking. Oh well, We rigged up some plastic bags in our shoes and got our warm coats on and headed out to play in the snow. It was tons of fun. We stayed out there for hours....good thing Grandma likes to hold Daisha:) It's nice to play out there in the snow, because unlike here, it's not too cold to actually play outside.

Here is our Awesome GREEN snowman. We finally got the middle part up on top. I rolled and rolled and got it super big, and then couldn't really lift it up, so I found a sled and used that as my ramp and rolled it on the sled. My mom watched through the window and decided she would come and help out. Other than her almost falling in the snow, together we pushed and pulled til it sat very unsteady on top:) We found lots of good things to put on our snowman, but decided that the GREEN food coloring would do a better job at the buttons. Kasen had a fun time painting the world green.

Kasen rolling his part of the snowman. He did a fantastic job if I do say so myself:)
Then he couldn't get it anymore and I took over! We started out with bread pans and going to build a big wall tower thing, but that was taking way too long so we decided on the snowman. It was easier and faster to build a big tall snowman than it was to build a wall with bread pan shapes!! We had fun knocking down our wall though.
I pulled the kids on the sled from DeAnna's house. It was fun. And a good workout I might add. Ruger thought he was tough enough to pull....he didn't last long:)
Kimber on top of the hill that we sledded down. Kasen and I had a fun time going down together. Kimber is fearless I swear! She headed down that hill faster than anyone and landed right in a ditch. Literally:) Luckily she was OK!!

Putting Kasen's shoes and bags back on after they fell off climbing up the hill. Note to self....take snow boots and pants during the winter time while going to Orderville:)

0 comments: