Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mommy Brag

I have to say that I have some pretty amazing children.  Today, it's Mother's Day.  I sometimes can't believe I am a mother, let alone a mother of 2.  Some of the 2 cutesest little faces ever! 
I don't really know the correct way to express my feelings about today.  Being a Mom was never hard for me to do/become.  I have been tremendously BLESSED beyond me even knowing, how lucky I am.  When I got pregnant with Kasen, we weren't even "trying".  My pregnancy was a breeze, my labor just as good.  I was blessed to have a healthy, strong, beautiful 8 lb 14 oz baby boy.   I have never been the same since.  I NEVER left Kasen, ever.  I remember the first time I left him longer than to run to the store, and with someone besides Tate, he was 8 months old, and I left him for 4 hours to go 4-wheeling with Tate and Brother and other family out to the sand dunes.  I remember I was going crazy, it was so WIERD not being with him, or having him attached to me (literaly:)  We have had that same relationship ever since.  He has been my rock, my little buddy, my little stinker, and my little angel boy.  For 3 years it was just him and Me (well, Tate too:)  But, I literally forget that he is my son, I am his MOTHER  and he isn't just my little friend that I was fortunate to meet somewhere along the way:) 
 Along came sweet little Daisha.  With her we had been "trying" for about 6 month before finding out we were pregnant.  During those 6 months, it was so hard, to find out once again we weren't pregnant.  How selfish of me, I find it hard to imagine women/mothers out there who are NOT as fortunate as I, who have to wait years, or forever before meeting their little angels. Trust me when I say, I am not ignorant, I do KNOW how incredibly blessed I am.  I will never forget the day we found out she was a girl.  Bev came with me, Tate was working, and I called and told him the news.  We were both very teary eyed and Excited!  Kasen, he knew all along.  Her pregnancy was yet again, easy, and the labor perfect.  I love holding her in my arms and still can't believe she is mine, forever!  She is growing too fast too.  She is moving and wiggly.  She wants to go, be held and have fun.  She absolutely adores her older brother and I can't say enough about what an amazing older brother Kasen is.  He is very very patient with her and me. 
I know alot of people who view motherhood a little different than me...that's okay.  I love being able to stay HOME with my children, to watch their every move, to try and grasp this role that I am living.  I pray constantly that I will be able to teach them, and nurture them, and love them the way that I am meant to, the way that my Savior would have me do.  It's sometimes easier said than done:)  Thank goodness for the example of my mother who has shown me the way, who has shown me the way to raise a family.  She is THE most selfless, loving, caring, sacrificing person I know. And will probably EVER know.  She sacrificed her entire life, she dedicated all her energy and power to raising a family.  It's honestly a bit intimidating.  I WANT that so bad, I WANT to be that kind of person, but it's a little scary, to really focus all I am on my family.  Well, all said and done...I wouldn't HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY!         
I might add that Daisha is now 7 months old.  WHAT?  She has officially gotten her first tooth, and the other one is shortly behind it, coming in nicely.  She is a professional sitter, and getting more and more brave at movin around everyday. She has been sick, I am pretty sure for the past 3 - 4 weeks.  I think that we are getting over it, with the help of antibiotics.  It's nice to see the sweet and smiley girl back.  She loves to play peek a boo.  She likes to go for walks in the stroller and watch her brother.  She is growing her hair out, after losing all of the thick dark hair she was born with.  She loves grabbing my earrings.  She is still attached to her thumb, and loves cuddling with her blanky at night with her thumb.  And she is still just as spoiled and the center of attention at our home:) 

Ahh....the life!
Let's NOT forget about the amazing man who made it all possible.  He sure has made this mother's Day a very nice and relaxing one.  He spoils me.  I love it.  Dinner, cleaning, and letting me BLOG to my hearts content!!!

2 comments:

Kiana Don said...

YAY! Finals are over and I can finally catch up on your life! You have such a cute little family, and as soon as I hit publish comment I'm going to be doing that fun tag thingy! Thanks for tagging me, I feel so so honored.

meag said...

first of all....that new picture at you header is amazing. you look so so pretty. and your post is so sweet. isn't it wonderful to be a mom. ps....why have i not seen you in like forever?