Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Kasen.  Kasen turned 4 on the 16th.  We had a fun little pirate party for him on the saturday the 17th.  He was so excited for his birthday, counting down the sleeps til it got here.  He asked for "hunting" stuff.  Dad was all about that.  He also wanted a pirate party.  I had fun planning that:) The morning of his birthday he woke up and asked where his presents were.  He had spotted them wrapped in my bedroom the night before.  He opened them to find out he got an elk, a mule deer, a hunter guy and a hunting four-wheeler.  We played hunting till it was time for lunch.  I took him to McDonalds, let him play to his hearts content in the play place, got an ice cream then went home to wait for our guests of honor to arrive.  Tate's brother Russell and his family were kind enough to come for a visit that weekend.  We were SO EXCITED.  They have 3 little boys and they couldn't be more fun.  They finally got here and we didn't stop playing.  Tate got home and made him a cake and we had a small little birthday song and party for him that night.  Saturday morning we went to the Spud Day parade and got loaded up with candy, then came home and decorated for the big pirate party.  We had fun blowing the balloons, and Kasen just about drove me crazy with his fighting the decorations (streamers, balloons) with his sword.  It's a good thing that Bev (Russell's wife:) was here, she totally saved me from stressing too much about the party and Kasen's crazyness.  The party crew arrived.  We handed out eye patches and pirate hats and were off.  We played a game, colored our treasure maps, and then went to hunt for pirate treasure, which just so happened to be buried under the apple trees.  The treasure chest was a pinata and the kids had fun wacking it till all the golden treasure fell from the skies:)  It was fun.  Had presents, and cake and ice cream.  It was a lot of fun.  I think Kasen had a fun time, he was SOOOO Exhausted from playing he could barely function. 
Opening presents.  His friends were so kind and gave him some great fun things. 
Here is some of the kids gearing up for the treasure hunt.  There is Tate instructing the kids on the rules of the treasure hunt. 
I only got a few pictures of Kasen, he wasn't very cooperative, but here is our pirate boy. 
Saved the best for last.  My wonderful friends Shantel and Meagan made this cake for Kasen.  I am pretty lucky to have friends as wonderful and talented as they are.  I think that they did a magnificant job.  It was a BIG HIT.  We still have the ship saved, Kasen never wants to throw it away:) 
Over all it was a fun 4 year old birthday party. 
Kasen as a 4 year old?  Well, lets see........Today he told me as I was trying to help him get dressed.  Mom, stop, I can do it all by myself, I am 4 now.  about 5 minutes later.  Kasen: "Mom I am just going to do whatever I want to."  Wow, I guess I am due for a child to say that to me.  I use to tell my mom that.  Recap:  "Mom, I am 12 years old, and I can take care of myself."  After she wouldn't let me play on the 7th grade basketball team while I was in 6th grade.  So mean. :)
Kasen is such a sweet,kind and caring little boy.  He is so funny too.  I really don't know what  I did before him, I don't know who I was before him.  I am Kasen's mom and I think that rocks because I think that Kasen is quite an amazing person.  He is learning and his little brain is going non-stop all day long asking questions and trying new things.  he is excited to start his 1st year of pre-school here in a few weeks.  I think that he will have such a fun time.  he loves friends, he is very social with other kids.  He is a leader amongst them.  I hope that he is always that way, being a good example and leading his friends to choose the right.  Pressures on mom right?  I love him so much.  He is our pride and joy.  He is such a great big brother. 
Love you buddy.  Happy birthday.  Time sure does fly.  It seems like just a short time ago when I was in the office of my basketball coach crying and telling him I was pregnant.  Worried to what he was going to say.   time sure goes by quick. 

0 comments: